WARRANTY GUIDE LINES
Univega USA is committed to bringing you the best possible ownership experience with our bicycles assembled in our factory in South Carolina. If you have any issues that you feel should be considered for a warranty review, it is important that you visit an authorized Univega USA retailer. They will be your best point of contact and most able to help you manage any issue you may be having regarding workmanship or manufacturing defect.
Univega USA will provide the original retail purchaser of each new Univega USA bike the following warranty against defects in materials and/or workmanship and according to the following conditions and limitations:
- Univega USA Rigid Frames – Limited Lifetime warranty
- Univega USA Rigid Forks – Limited Lifetime warranty
- Non Univega USA Branded Suspension forks – Manufacturer’s warranty
- Univega USA branded components – 1 year
- Non Univega USA branded components – 1 year or manufacturer’s warranty
- Electric bike components – 1 year or manufacturer’s warranty
- Paint finish – 1 year from date of purchase
WHAT MUST THE BICYCLE OWNER DO TO KEEP THE LIMITED WARRANTY IN EFFECT?
- Owner must produce proof of purchase and/or have registered your new bike purchase within 30 days of purchase. You may register here.
- The bicycle must receive all necessary maintenance and adjustments.
- When making a claim the owner must bring the complete bike to an authorized Univega USA dealer for inspection, together with the receipt, bill of sale and/or other appropriate proof of purchase. If you have moved and need to find the nearest retailer you can consult our website www.Univega-USA.com or reach out to us via email at Info@Univega-USA.com.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
- Warranty does not include labor for parts replacement and/or freight/transportation charges.
- This bike is designed for general transportation and recreational use only.
- The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, paint, rust, normal maintenance items, personal injury or any damage, failure or loss that is caused by accident, improper assembly, maintenance, adjustment, storage or use of the bicycle.
- This Limited Warranty will be void if the bicycle is ever:
- Used for a competitive sport.
- Used for stunt riding, jumping, aerobatics or similar activity.
- Ridden by more than one person at a time (Tandem bicycle is the lone exception).
- Used in a manner contrary to the instructions in our Owner’s Manual (you should have received it when you purchased your bike, but can also see a copy of it here.)
- IN NO EVENT SHALL UNIVEGA USA BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL LOSS OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- This warranty is limited to replacing the defective part without charge and Univega USA shall in no event be responsible for consequential or special damages. This bicycle is not intended for use in trick riding, ramp riding, jumping, aggressive riding, riding on severe terrain, riding in severe climates, riding with heavy loads, institutional or industrial use, or any similar activities; such uses may damage the bicycle, can cause serious injury to the rider, and in all cases will void this warranty. Likewise, the bicycle is not intended for use with a motor.
- This warranty is expressly in lieu of any other warranties, any implied warranty, including any warranty of merchantability of fitness, shall be limited in duration to the duration the express warranty set forth herein.
- The return of the warranty registration form within 30 days of purchase is a condition precedent to coverage as provided herein.
- If there is any question about the safety of your Univega USA bicycle, you should return it to your Authorized Univega USA retailer immediately for inspection. This retailer will be able to respond to any warranty or safety issues you may have.
- Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the terms of this warranty or any implied warranty is limited to the replacement of defective parts with those of equal or greater value at the sole description of Univega USA.
- Modification of the frame or components shall void this warrant. This would include the addition of an aftermarket motor to this bike.
- Warranty information published on the current Univega USA website will be the prevailing policy.
USEFUL PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE:
Every UNIVEGA USA bicycle and frameset has a useful life cycle. This useful life cycle is not the same as the warranty period. The warranty identifies the period of time that UNIVEGA USA will replace the product if this becomes necessary. When UNIVEGA USA provides a lifetime warranty, this does not guarantee that the product will last forever. The length of the useful life cycle of a UNIVEGA USA bicycle will vary depending on the type of bike, riding conditions and care the bike receives. Competition, jumping, downhill racing, free-riding, trick riding, trial riding, riding in severe conditions or climates, riding with heavy loads or any other non-standard use can substantially shorten the useful product life cycle of a UNIVEGA USA bicycle or frame set. Any one or a combination of these conditions may result in an unpredictable failure of a UNIVEGA USA bicycle or frame set that would not be covered by this warranty. All UNIVEGA USA bicycles and frame sets should be periodically checked by an authorized UNIVEGA USA dealer for indication of potential failures including cracks, corrosion, dents, deformation, paint peeling, and any other indications of potential problems, inappropriate use or abuse. These are important safety checks and very important in the prevention of accidents, bodily injury to the rider, and a shortened useful product life cycle of any UNIVEGA USA bicycle or frameset. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.